- Reading blueprints, locating materials or parts and organizing their assembly process per drawings and/or verbal instructions.
- Efficient and proper assembly of purchased components to machinery including but not limited to sprockets, shafts, hydraulic and electrical components, chain, belts, tensioner units, rollers, chain run liner, bushings etc.
- Operating a forklift, overhead crane or jib crane safely.
- Maintaining a clean work environment.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic plumbing experience is considered an asset.
- Welding and fitting experience is considered an asset
- Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Experience and Skills
- Red seal Industrial Mechanic/Millwright or equivalent experience.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- 1 to 5 years work experience as a Millwright or Industrial Mechanic in a production environment.
- Experience in a metal fabrication shop equipment is an asset.
- Additional certifications in machining an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and a commitment to work safely .
- Strong problem solving skills; able to identify problems and execute effective solutions.
Day Shift- 7am - 530pm Monday - Thursday
7am - 12pm Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour
The McDonough Way
- Treasure, protect, and promote our reputation.
- Invest in relationships.
- Think safe. Work safe.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Practice productive problem-solving.
- Honor commitments.
- Communicate so there is no miscommunication.
- Listen openly.
- Speak straight.
- Find a way.
- Show meaningful appreciation.
- Share information.
- Employ craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Think team first.
- Be relentless about improvement.
- Deliver legendary service.
- “bring it” every day.
- Embrace change and growth.
- Think and act like an owner.
- Plan for success
- Walk in your customers’ shoes.
- Pursue the best solutions.
- Go the extra mile.
- Take pride in our workspace.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Be positive.
- Work on yourself.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Be process-driven.
- Make a difference.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be serious about the work but never too serious while at work.