McDonough Carriages are designed with accuracy and ease of maintenance in mind with state-of-the-art features you will only find on a McDonough. Models to fit your operation with 36", 42", and 48" openings and configured the way you need it with options like; round way knees, 17 degree slant, UHMW cant kickers, Brownsville turners, chain turners, Tong Dog, rail, operators cabs, carriage drives, and setworks. Before you replace or retrofit your carriage, call the professionals at McDonough, you'll be glad you did.
Precision and Premium Duty 36-inch, 42-inch and 48-inch Opening Carriages
McDonough Carriages are designed with accuracy and ease of maintenance in mind with state-of-the-art features you will only find on a McDonough. Standard Sizes: 36", 42", and 48" openings with custom sizes available. Precision Duty starts from 12,000 pounds and Premium Duty from 20,000 pounds. Both Premium and Precision Duty Carriages share the same features, other than the Premium being a heavier Carriage.
Benefits of a McDonough Carriage
- Board Dog Carriages are preferred over Tong Dog Carriages because they dog the log faster.
- Stepped Flat Ways on headblocks allow knee to ride on separate surface than log, to maintain accuracy.
- Flat Ways are split on headblocks creating a 21" front way for less costly and easier replacement at high wear areas.
- Headblock Ways are fully machined, 1.25" thick Kromite for longer wear.
- Knees, headblocks and frame are welded by certified welders and are vibratory stress relieved prior to machining for the most
- Hydraulic hose is used for all air and hydraulic lines. These hoses have crimped fittings, not push lock, to prevent hoses from failure.
- All lubrication lines are steel, not plastic which will become brittle and crack over time.
- All wear strips used are made from Nylatron GSM, which provides better accuracy than UHMW.
- All cylinder ends have replaceable swivel bushings to eliminate binding and cylinder damage.
- Frame is fully boxed and gusseted for added strength, with access holes to critical areas.
- Knees are made from A572 steel, which allows McDonough to use thinner and lighter steel while gaining strength.
- Knee face plates are only 2.5" wide Kromite, to allow more accurate taper sawing.
- All board dogs in knee and Tong Dog are made from T-1 steel for long lasting wear and have 1/32" clearance for accuracy
- The functions of dogging the log and cinching it back against the knee are done on round ways for “straight line” simplicity,
- 16" diameter Vee Wheel and Flat Wheels are either long lasting polymer composite, or T-1 steel hardened to 320/360 Brinell.
- Tong Dog made from 1 1/4" T-1 steel (1.5" on Premium Duty Carriage) with keyed replaceable teeth.
Built To Fit: Round way knees, 17 degree slant, UHMW cant kickers, Brownsville turner, chain turners, Tong Dog, rail, operators cabs,Hydraulic or AC Vector carriage drives, and setworks.