Career Opportunities at our Eau Claire, WI facility:
Due to significant growth and a long term backlog of work, McDonough Manufacturing has immediate openings for two (2) CNC Machinists on 1st shift. These positions will be responsible for producing machined parts by planning, programming, setting up and operating CNC and manual machines while maintaining high quality and safety standards at all times.
Qualified candidates for this position will have the following:
- A Machine Tool Associate Degree or 2+ years prior CNC Machining experience is preferred
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Must have solid knowledge of tooling and usage.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Have a positive attitude and be able to communicate openly and respectfully.
- Flexible to work overtime hours when required.
Our Day Shift is scheduled to work 5 days, Monday –Friday from 6:30am to 3:00pm.
McDonough Manufacturing offers a competitive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance, company paid uniforms, flexible time schedule, paid time off, holiday pay, 401(k) and much more!
McDonough Manufacturing is a family owned and operated manufacturer of custom sawmill machinery. Located in Eau Claire Wisconsin, McDonough buys steel and all parts, Fabricates, CNC and Manual Machines, Assembles, Tests, and Paints all our machinery right here in our Eau Claire factory. We have been based in the Chippewa Valley for 132 years, since 1888. Located on the north side of Eau Claire, next to the Airport.
Come work for a family business where our culture makes a difference and believes our employees are the key to our Lean Manufacturing, continuous improvement. To apply, please submit your resume or request an application via email. You can also stop by our office at 2320 Melby Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703 during business hours or call us at (715) 834-7755 with questions or to request an application.
If you are interested in applying for any of the positions in our Eau Claire location, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Opportunities at our Mactaquac, New Brunswick (Canada) facility:
Industrial Mechanic/AssemblerApplicants for this position will be required to directly impact the success of McDonough Canada by:
- Reading blueprints, locating materials or parts and organizing their assembly process per drawings and/or verbal instructions.
- Efficient and proper assembly of purchased components to machinery including but not limited to sprockets, shafts, hydraulic and electrical components, chain, belts, tensioner units, rollers, chain run liner, bushings etc.
- Operating a forklift, overhead crane or jib crane safely.
- Maintaining a clean work environment.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic plumbing experience considered an asset.
- Welding and fitting experience considered an asset.
- This position is for a day shift position, however a willingness to work night shift if needed is considered an asset.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements - Experience and Skills
Applicants for this position should have the following credentials and/or equivalent experience.
- Red seal Industrial Mechanic/Millwright or equivalent experience.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- 1 to 5 years experience as an Assembler or Industrial Mechanic in a production environment.
- Experience in a metal fabrication shop equipment an asset.
- Additional certifications in machining an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and a commitment to work safely .
- Strong problem solving skills; able to identify problems and execute effective solutions.
McDonough Canada provides a competitive compensation and benefit package in addition to a bonus program based on our production team's success.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Payscale: $25-$30/hour depending on experience
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The McDonough Way
- Treasure, protect, and promote our reputation.
- Invest in relationships.
- Think safe. Work safe.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Practice productive problem-solving.
- Honor commitments.
- Communicate so there is no miscommunication.
- Listen openly.
- Speak straight.
- Find a way.
- Show meaningful appreciation.
- Share information.
- Employ craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Think team first.
- Be relentless about improvement.
- Deliver legendary service.
- “bring it” every day.
- Embrace change and growth.
- Think and act like an owner.
- Plan for success
- Walk in your customers’ shoes.
- Pursue the best solutions.
- Go the extra mile.
- Take pride in our workspace.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Be positive.
- Work on yourself.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Be process-driven.
- Make a difference.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be serious about the work but never too serious while at work.