Mechanical Engineer (Mactaquac, Woodstock or remote)
Who we are
McDonough Manufacturing is a family owned and operated business, we’ve been crafting top-of-the-line custom sawmill machinery since 1888, in the Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin. In 2017, we expanded our horizons internationally and McDonough Canada was born in Mactaquac, New Brunswick. We’ve recently joined forces with BID Canada Ltd of Woodstock, New Brunswick, brining even more expertise into the McDonough family. Want to join the growth? Apply now and seize the opportunity to thrive alongside McDonough Manufacturing where innovation, expansion and endless possibilities await.
As a skilled Mechanical Engineer, you create precise 3D models and fabrication drawings that adhere to contract specifications. You collaborate with production personnel to enhance drawing quality and streamline shop efficiency, while ensuring compliance with safety requirements. By investigating suppliers and communicating with customers, you guarantee the seamless fit of new equipment into existing facilities. Your expertise extends to assisting the Sales department with proposal drawings, contributing to the company's innovative growth and success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create 3D models based on specifications laid out in contract documentation.
- Create shop fabrication drawings.
- Create all required pneumatics, hydraulic or lubrication schematics.
- Investigate outside suppliers for purchased and/or outsourced parts.
- Communicate with production personnel to improve drawing quality and shop efficiency.
- Communicate with customers to verify fit of new equipment into existing facility as required. This includes travel to customer locations throughout North America.
- Ensure design meets contract and safety requirements.
- Maintain Engineering documentation.
- Assist Sales department to develop proposal drawings for new projects.
Qualifications & competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in 3D solid modeling, preferably Solidworks.
- Experience in a steel fabrication environment including machining and welding specifications.
- Effective organizational, time management skills and follow-through ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation and flex days.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities for growth & development.
The McDonough Way
- Treasure, protect, and promote our reputation.
- Invest in relationships.
- Think safe. Work safe.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Practice productive problem-solving.
- Honor commitments.
- Communicate so there is no miscommunication.
- Listen openly.
- Speak straight.
- Find a way.
- Show meaningful appreciation.
- Share information.
- Employ craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Think team first.
- Be relentless about improvement.
- Deliver legendary service.
- “bring it” every day.
- Embrace change and growth.
- Think and act like an owner.
- Plan for success
- Walk in your customers’ shoes.
- Pursue the best solutions.
- Go the extra mile.
- Take pride in our workspace.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Be positive.
- Work on yourself.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Be process-driven.
- Make a difference.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be serious about the work but never too serious while at work.