Woodstock, NB (or remote)
Who we are:
McDonough Mfg. Co. is a long-standing family-owned manufacturer specializing in custom sawmill machinery. With our extensive operations in Wisconsin since 1888, we have expanded internationally, establishing a manufacturing facility in Mactaquac, NB, Canada in 2017. Recently, we have also welcomed BID Canada Ltd into the McDonough family, a custom design and manufacturing team that offers tailored solutions for a variety of industries including mining, cement, steel, utility, manufacturing, and more. We provide individual equipment and complete systems to meet our clients' unique business needs.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Bookkeeper with BID Ltd Canada at our facility in Woodstock, New Brunswick.
Who you are:
You are a detail-oriented and organized individual with strong accounting knowledge and experience. You possess strong analytical, time management and problem-solving skills. You’re an effective communicator with a proactive mindset who can work under pressure from time to time.
What you will do:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Maintain and balance GL.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements.
- Prepare internal financial statements (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Prepare and file GST/HST returns.
- Payroll accounting (JE, vacation accruals, employee reimbursements).
- Overseeing AP and AR functions.
- WIP and revenue calculations based on % complete.
- Petty cash and bank deposits.
- Help prepare month end, quarter end and year end files for consolidated financials.
- Creating and overseeing budgets.
- Tracking and maintaining capital asset lists.
- Tracking and maintaining prepaid expenses.
- Other tasks as required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
- College diploma in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Proficient in Excel.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting is the preferred level of education.
- Knowledge of Syspro & Sage 50 is preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation and flex days.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
The McDonough Way
- Treasure, protect, and promote our reputation.
- Invest in relationships.
- Think safe. Work safe.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Practice productive problem-solving.
- Honor commitments.
- Communicate so there is no miscommunication.
- Listen openly.
- Speak straight.
- Find a way.
- Show meaningful appreciation.
- Share information.
- Employ craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Think team first.
- Be relentless about improvement.
- Deliver legendary service.
- “bring it” every day.
- Embrace change and growth.
- Think and act like an owner.
- Plan for success
- Walk in your customers’ shoes.
- Pursue the best solutions.
- Go the extra mile.
- Take pride in our workspace.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Be positive.
- Work on yourself.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Be process-driven.
- Make a difference.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be serious about the work but never too serious while at work.