Who we are:
McDonough Manufacturing is a family owned and operated business, we’ve been crafting top-of-the-line custom sawmill machinery since 1888, in the Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin. In 2017, we expanded our horizons internationally and McDonough Canada was born in Mactaquac, New Brunswick. We’ve recently joined forces with BID Canada Ltd of Woodstock, New Brunswick, brining their bulk material handling expertise into the McDonough family. Want to join the growth? Apply now and seize the opportunity to thrive alongside McDonough Manufacturing where innovation, expansion and endless possibilities await.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Machinist with BID Ltd Canada at our facility in Woodstock, New Brunswick.
The Machinist will efficiently operate Lathe and Milling Machine to produce product that satisfies customer requirements, as well as that of Quality Assurance, in a safe and cost-effective manner. Repair and maintain shop hand tools (grinders, drills and welding whips.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers or grinders.
- Measure, examine and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operation needed to fabricate products and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Lay out, measure and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs
- Position and fasten workpieces
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains and foreign matter.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Mechanically inclined
- Safety oriented track record
- CSA Safety Boots required in good condition.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation.
- Four day work week.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
The McDonough Way
- Treasure, protect, and promote our reputation.
- Invest in relationships.
- Think safe. Work safe.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Practice productive problem-solving.
- Honor commitments.
- Communicate so there is no miscommunication.
- Listen openly.
- Speak straight.
- Find a way.
- Show meaningful appreciation.
- Share information.
- Employ craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Think team first.
- Be relentless about improvement.
- Deliver legendary service.
- “bring it” every day.
- Embrace change and growth.
- Think and act like an owner.
- Plan for success
- Walk in your customers’ shoes.
- Pursue the best solutions.
- Go the extra mile.
- Take pride in our workspace.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Be positive.
- Work on yourself.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Be process-driven.
- Make a difference.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be serious about the work but never too serious while at work.