Who we are:
McDonough Manufacturing is a family owned and operated business, we’ve been crafting top-of-the-line custom sawmill machinery since 1888, in the Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin. In 2017, we expanded our horizons internationally and McDonough Canada was born in Mactaquac, New Brunswick. We’ve recently joined forces with BID Canada Ltd of Woodstock, New Brunswick, brining their bulk material handling expertise into the McDonough family. Want to join the growth? Apply now and seize the opportunity to thrive alongside McDonough Manufacturing where innovation, expansion and endless possibilities await.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Fitter/Fabricator with BID Ltd Canada at our facility in Woodstock, New Brunswick.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, focused and adept at interpreting blueprints to fabricate conveyor components, fit/assemble and tack weld in place the structural members for various projects for customers.
- Constructing structural components from raw materials.
- Using welding equipment to tack structural components.
- Inspecting fabricated components to ensure that they are the correct size.
- Utilizing shears, power saws, cutting torches, and grinders to cut structural components as needed.
- Adhering to all work-site safety rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or college graduate
- Appropriate certification and/or proven experience working as a Fitter is a bonus.
- The ability to use hand and power tools.
- The ability to interpret blueprints
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional welding and mechanical skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation.
- Four day work week.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
The McDonough Way
- Treasure, protect, and promote our reputation.
- Invest in relationships.
- Think safe. Work safe.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Practice productive problem-solving.
- Honor commitments.
- Communicate so there is no miscommunication.
- Listen openly.
- Speak straight.
- Find a way.
- Show meaningful appreciation.
- Share information.
- Employ craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Think team first.
- Be relentless about improvement.
- Deliver legendary service.
- “bring it” every day.
- Embrace change and growth.
- Think and act like an owner.
- Plan for success
- Walk in your customers’ shoes.
- Pursue the best solutions.
- Go the extra mile.
- Take pride in our workspace.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Be positive.
- Work on yourself.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Be process-driven.
- Make a difference.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be serious about the work but never too serious while at work.