Who we are:
McDonough Manufacturing is a family owned and operated business, we’ve been crafting top-of-the-line custom sawmill machinery since 1888, in the Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin. In 2017, we expanded our horizons internationally and McDonough Canada was born in Mactaquac, New Brunswick. We’ve recently joined forces with BID Canada Ltd of Woodstock, New Brunswick, brining their bulk material handling expertise into the McDonough family. Want to join the growth? Apply now and seize the opportunity to thrive alongside McDonough Manufacturing where innovation, expansion and endless possibilities await.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Structural Engineer with BID Ltd Canada at our facility in Woodstock, New Brunswick.
The purpose of the position is to aid in the design of our conveyor structures, trusses, and supports. As the Structural Engineer you will select member sizes and provide load data based on an analysis of the conveyor layout. With a strong understanding of industry standards and a focus on precision, you will ensure the stability and performance of conveyor systems.
- Work with engineering team to design the conveyor structures (i.e. - overall size, number and spacing of supports and steel sizes used).
- Responsible for creating and populating load tables.
- Structural connection design (i.e. - qty and size of bolts used, splice and base plate thicknesses required).
- Stamping of GA and shop drawings Aiding in the size and type of welds required on various pieces of equipment (working with weld symbols).
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Eng designation.
- Knowledge and use of structural programs such as STAAD. An understanding and adherence of the National Building Code.
- Familiar with CWB 47.1 certification requirements.
- Strong understanding of the mechanical forces placed on the structures and the reactions created.
- Knowledge in conveyor systems.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
The McDonough Way
- Treasure, protect, and promote our reputation.
- Invest in relationships.
- Think safe. Work safe.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Practice productive problem-solving.
- Honor commitments.
- Communicate so there is no miscommunication.
- Listen openly.
- Speak straight.
- Find a way.
- Show meaningful appreciation.
- Share information.
- Employ craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Think team first.
- Be relentless about improvement.
- Deliver legendary service.
- “bring it” every day.
- Embrace change and growth.
- Think and act like an owner.
- Plan for success
- Walk in your customers’ shoes.
- Pursue the best solutions.
- Go the extra mile.
- Take pride in our workspace.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Be positive.
- Work on yourself.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Be process-driven.
- Make a difference.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be serious about the work but never too serious while at work.