What you will do:
- Fabricate and build electrical, electronic, and mechanical components and assemblies in accordance with operating standards, job requirements, and specifications. Familiarity with Rockwell software & 2D CAD.
- Interpret and produce electrical, electronic, and mechanical drawings and other related technical documents and graphics for a variety of stakeholders in compliance with industry standards.
- Select and use a variety of troubleshooting techniques and equipment to assess, maintain, and repair electromechanical circuits, equipment, processes, systems, and subsystems.
- Maintain and repair electrical, electronic, and mechanical components, equipment, and systems to ensure that they function according to specifications and to optimize production.
- Support the design and production of mechanical components by assisting in the specification of manufacturing materials and processes.
- Apply, analyze, build, install, commission, and troubleshoot a variety of mechanical, electrical, and electronic control systems, logic and digital circuits, passive AC and DC circuits, and active circuits.
- Install and troubleshoot basic computer hardware and programming to support the electromechanical engineering environment.
- Maintain and troubleshoot automated equipment.
- Select electromechanical equipment, components, and systems that fulfill job requirements and functional specifications.
- Assist in applying quality control and quality assurance program procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Work in compliance with relevant industry standards, laws and regulations, codes, policies, and procedures.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance and to remain current in the field and responsive to emergent technologies and national and international standards.
- Contribute as an individual and a member of an electromechanical engineering team to the effective completion of tasks and projects.
- Support project management activities such as planning, implementation and evaluation of projects, and monitoring of resources, timelines, and expenditures as required.
Who you are:
Self-motivated, driven individual with excellent problem-solving skills, responsible for the completion of task at hand and to be a positive ambassador to our client base.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Technology, or an equivalent.
- 2 years minimum experience working with automated industrial equipment.
- Working Experience in automation or electrical design is required.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team (both internal and remote), including mechanical, electrical, control, fluid power, and support.
- Solid knowledge of electrical field devices. – limit switches of various types, encoders, scanners, etc.
- Excellent understanding of motor control, servos and VFDs etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate with Project Managers, Site/Office, and Sales Teams on a regular basis.
- Organized, self-regulated and excellent time management skills required.
- Excellent comprehension of PLC's, programming, and related hardware within the Rockwell Architecture (Allen Bradley Products preferred).
- Experience in Rockwell software & 2D CAD, and Microsoft Office is an asset.
- Ability to work extra hours to ensure a successful project when required.
- Working experience and understanding of automated industrial mechanical systems is a significant asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation and flex days.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Company celebrations and events.
The McDonough Way
- Treasure, protect, and promote our reputation.
- Invest in relationships.
- Think safe. Work safe.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Practice productive problem-solving.
- Honor commitments.
- Communicate so there is no miscommunication.
- Listen openly.
- Speak straight.
- Find a way.
- Show meaningful appreciation.
- Share information.
- Employ craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Think team first.
- Be relentless about improvement.
- Deliver legendary service.
- “bring it” every day.
- Embrace change and growth.
- Think and act like an owner.
- Plan for success
- Walk in your customers’ shoes.
- Pursue the best solutions.
- Go the extra mile.
- Take pride in our workspace.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Be positive.
- Work on yourself.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Be process-driven.
- Make a difference.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be serious about the work but never too serious while at work.