A Series Band Mills
The Industry’s leading Band Mill manufacturer for over 100 years! You will see a McDonough in more mills than another other brand.
- Double Column frame constructed from heavy duty plate steel. Independent column and base.
- Exclusive McDonough Air Strain is the simplest, most effective system to increase feed speeds and minimize mis-cut lumber.
- Cartridge Type Pressure Guide System assists in faster feed speeds and increased accuracy. Guide Block Dressing Machine to resurface guides is included with each Band Mill.
- Cast Iron Wheels. Preferred by saw filers because they prevent saw blades from getting hot and losing tension, unlike steel wheels.
- Other standard features: Hydraulically operated top guide and top wheel lift, Timken railroad car bearings in lower wheel, saw blade cleaning and lubricating device.
- 54" — 12,500 pounds. 8" wide x 30' long saw blades. 75 to 125 HP required.
- 62" — 18,000 pounds. 10" wide x 36' long saw blades. 150 HP required
- 6' — 25,000 pounds. 12" wide x 40' long saw blades. 200 HP required.
- 7' — 35,000 pounds. 14" wide x 47' long saw blades. 250 HP required.
- 8' — 44,000 pounds. 14" wide x 52' long saw blades. 300 HP required.
- Custom saw lengths can be accommodated upon request.
- Linear positioned top guide with linear bearing ways
- Belt table, steel slat table or UHMW slat table,
- Steel wheel guards
- 17 degree slant
- Motor and drive packages.
- Single, Twin and Quad configurations available
- Electric remote top wheel tilt