Who we are:
McDonough Manufacturing is a family owned and operated business, we’ve been crafting top-of-the-line custom sawmill machinery since 1888, in the Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin. In 2017, we expanded our horizons internationally and McDonough Canada was born in Mactaquac, New Brunswick. We’ve recently joined forces with BID Canada Ltd of Woodstock, New Brunswick, brining their bulk material handling expertise into the McDonough family. Want to join the growth? Apply now and seize the opportunity to thrive alongside McDonough Manufacturing where innovation, expansion and endless possibilities await.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Millwright with BID Ltd Canada at our facility in Woodstock, New Brunswick.
What you will do:
- Read blueprints, locate materials or parts, and organize their assembly process per drawings and/or verbal instructions.
- Efficiently and properly assemble purchased components to machinery including but not limited to sprockets, shafts, hydraulic and electrical components, chain, belts, tensioner units, rollers, chain run liner, bushings etc.
- Safely operate a forklift, overhead crane, or jib crane.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Red seal Industrial Mechanic/Millwright or equivalent experience.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year work experience as a Millwright or Industrial Mechanic in a production environment.
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and a commitment to work safely.
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to identify problems and execute effective solutions.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic plumbing experience.
- Welding and fitting experience.
- Experience in a metal fabrication shop equipment.
- Additional certifications in machining.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation.
- Four day work week.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
The McDonough Way
- Treasure, protect, and promote our reputation.
- Invest in relationships.
- Think safe. Work safe.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Practice productive problem-solving.
- Honor commitments.
- Communicate so there is no miscommunication.
- Listen openly.
- Speak straight.
- Find a way.
- Show meaningful appreciation.
- Share information.
- Employ craftsmanship in everything we do.
- Think team first.
- Be relentless about improvement.
- Deliver legendary service.
- “bring it” every day.
- Embrace change and growth.
- Think and act like an owner.
- Plan for success
- Walk in your customers’ shoes.
- Pursue the best solutions.
- Go the extra mile.
- Take pride in our workspace.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Be positive.
- Work on yourself.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Be process-driven.
- Make a difference.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Be serious about the work but never too serious while at work.